Subtitle

I was recently described as having "spunk and fight." These adjectives were used to describe both strength and weakness in my life. This blog is a story that is being written about how I have left physical and emotional baggage and I am heading forward, packing a little lighter, setting goals, reaching some, falling short at others, but always growing everyday. Won't you join me?

Friday, June 10, 2011

Swimming, Snazzy Supermarket & Super-Secret aSsembly!

Wow, friends. Today was chock full.

This morning, I headed work early so that I could make it over to a dear friend's funeral. Jason Shupe was a wonderful man, son, husband and father. On Monday morning, at the way-too-early age of 29, he suffered from a heart attack leaving his beautiful wife, son and daughter much earlier than anyone could have anticipated. The service was beautiful and hearing all of the stories of how he touched the lives around him was so moving. We love you, Jason. And to Jennifer, the picture of strength throughout this week, I hope and pray that you take the time to grieve and lean upon us whenever you need for however long you need. That's what we are here for. We love you.

Later in the day, I swam laps at Lifetime in the outdoor pool. I forgot my watch, so I have no times (sorry, Rachael--my super-awesome memory did not time and memorize each lap...this time...) but I know I went 0.5 miles.

I then came with Amy to Frederick to babysit her adorable niece, Anna! She is quite the cutie-pie. After she was asleep, we left her in the care of her uncle and went to WEGMANS. As expected, it was awesome. They have Coca-Cola machines from the future. Or at least Amy is convinced they are:



When we finally pried ourselves away, we came back to Amy's parent's house to 'get our craft on' and make a Super-Secret and equally Super-Awesome gift (inspired by Ruth F.--If you know her, you may know what I'm talking about...but it's super-secret!!! So shhhhhh...).

At Wegmans I wanted to get ice cream...but I am being good. So I texted Liz the following:

I am texting you because I really want to eat ice cream but am not going to and texting you so I know you'll ask if I did. Which I wouldn't have. :)


She replied with:

Stay away!!! Ice cream is bad!!! (good call on the txt!)


And I didn't eat the ice cream. Victory. :) Lifting tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. great on not eating the ice cream! since I quit eating sugar, if I want ice cream we have to make it. we've made it twice, but a recipe doesn't make much and it only has 3 or 4 ingredients. I love eating real food where I can pronounce all of the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I got a mention in your blog post. I am so honored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lyn! And, Rachael...you should be. :)

    ReplyDelete