Subtitle

I was recently described as having "spunk and fight." These adjectives were used to describe both strength and weakness in my life. This blog is a story that is being written about how I have left physical and emotional baggage and I am heading forward, packing a little lighter, setting goals, reaching some, falling short at others, but always growing everyday. Won't you join me?

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Eighty-EIGHT, Eighty-NINE...

Oh my. Today Liz punished me. For an hour. While I was away in NYC she texted me once asking how I was doing. I answered honestly that my food hadn't been that good. It was bad actually. She did not respond. I suppose she did not need to--at that moment, her mind was made up for today's session: Hell to pay. And I would say that I've paid it, but until the DOMS fully sets in and leaves, I have not. The worst is most definitely yet to come. I gained 4 pounds in one week. I think a lot of it is water weight. She does not. :)

Liz decided to destroy my legs. In her words, her goal was to remove my ability to walk. Hasn't happened (yet) but only time will tell. She also wanted to make me throw up--failed again, HCL!!! The pain:

Lying Leg Curls: 60/20, 75/15, 85/15
RDL: 75/15, 95/15, 115/15
Seated Leg Curls: 65/100
Power Steps: 50/12, 50/12, 50/12 *superset
Lunges: BW-40/15, 40/15, 40/15 *superset
Quad Leg Press: 270/30, 360/25, 420/20
Seated Leg Extensions: 55/50


Some clarifications:

a) Seated Leg Curls: No, friends, I did not *accidentally* hit the 0-key two times. I ACTUALLY did ONE HUNDRED reps in ONE set. Liz's face ever did look so happy. She didn't warn me either--although her silence tipped me off that the number of reps would be cruel and inhumane, I did not see 100 coming. After 50, she started counting at 1 again. I promptly put an end to that. As I told her, if I am doing that many reps, every gym patron in a 5 machine radius *will* know about it. So, *I* began counting. Loudly. Sixty-FIVE! Sixty-SIX!... NINETY-THREE...MAN! I AM AMAZING!...NINETY-FOUR!...ONE HUNDRED REPS!!!! :) And yes, I finished with a smile. And very painful legs.

b) Power Steps/Lunges: This was a superset. Power steps sucks. The end. Last time I did them was with Devon and another trainer asked me what I did to make Devon so mad. I didn't have to wonder what I did to make Liz have me do them. I knew. BAD NYC eating... Bad. The first set of lunges I went one length of the floor body weight only. Once we reached the barbell rack, I went back with a 40 lb BB on my back. Subsequent sets had the 40 lb BB in their entirety. Liz mounts and demounts the barbell from my shoulders. After set 2, she starting small talking some guy. I glared at her, then started to walk toward her with the intent of dropping said barbell as close to her feet as possible. LUCKILY FOR HER, she came and grabbed it before I was forced to risk my life so foolishly...

c) Quad Leg Press: Yeah, it's fun doing 30 reps sets after your legs are already destroyed. Only ONE thing could be more fun... (see item d.)

d) Seated Leg Extensions: What's the best thing to do once your legs are destroyed? Why, isolate the quads and do a 50 rep set, of course!


Liz, hands down that was the toughest workout I have been out through--not in terms of stamina, but it is not a question of whether or not I will be in pain for days, it's just how much pain... And I will be taking bets on whether or not I will be able to walk tomorrow. Or Saturday.

My uncle was lifting during my session and I did not notice him once. He saw me doing my horrific workout though. I was having dinner with them after my workout and he told me that there was a guy at the gym who within 5 minutes had irritated him by thinking he knew more than he did and was completely wrong. With only a few clarifying questions I was able to figure out that the moron at the gym was none other than: GYM JERKFACE! A.K.A. Captain America. I love that an objective third party can't stand him either!!!

Finally, there is a new trainer at the gym (well, many new trainers), and I guess I wasn't friendly enough or something to her because I didn't laugh at her incredibly lame joke. I was headed to meet Liz at the desk--focused and in the zone--and she turned the corner and we almost walked into each other. We both went left, we both went right. It was HILARIOUS. (straight face implying sarcasm). She stopped (still blocking my way) and said, "Thanks for the dance!" I thought to myself, "You are not funny and taking MORE of my time" and shot her a look of disdain. She walked THREE FEET past me and told trainers Joe and Anthony what a jerk I was for not laughing at her joke. I was so grouchy after my Liz punishment session that if I could've stood for a longer period of time I may have officially complained--I don't care how big of a jerk you think I am (or I actually am): you work there, I pay your salary--shut up and smile. :) You're lucky, new trainer. And I'm watchin' you.

No comments:

Post a Comment