Subtitle

I was recently described as having "spunk and fight." These adjectives were used to describe both strength and weakness in my life. This blog is a story that is being written about how I have left physical and emotional baggage and I am heading forward, packing a little lighter, setting goals, reaching some, falling short at others, but always growing everyday. Won't you join me?

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Liz Session Lifting!

Today was a session with Liz day. As you may recall from yesterday, she gave me the challenge of losing 2 pounds since last Thursday. I. Lost. 4. Boom. That just happened!!! :) Back On Track Erin, back in the house (yes, I just wrote "in the house"). :)

Liz only did lower body with me today because my forearm had hurt on Saturday. Through conversations with Liz, she thinks it was my bicep. My big, hulky biceps cannot help themselves. :)

The lifting:

BB Box Squats: 95/15, 95/15, 115/12

Rev SM Lunges on Box: 45/12, 55/12, 50/12

Squat Press: 180/15, 270/15, 360/15, 450/15

Hack Squats: 180/15, 180/15

ABD w/ Hold: 50/15, 65/15, 75/15
RDL: 40/15, 40/15, 40/15


During the hack squats, my left knee started to hurt fairly significantly so we only did two sets. From Liz asking me questions and me having no idea how to answer them (e.g. Liz: Does it feel like a pin prick or a knife? Me: I don't know what a knife feels like! Liz: But imagine. Me: What?!?!) she thinks it's my IT band. She showed me how to stretch it and recommended icing it. She had a great idea! Freeze some water in dixie cups, then you can massage it while icing it! Genius!

Also, I told Liz I am growing tired of my afternoon meatwich snack (appalling, I know!). She suggested a protein shake. I asked about a protein bar. She said that she prefers homemade and gave me a recipe. I am excited to try it out!!! I won't for like a week until I eat all of the lunchmeat currently in my fridge. :) When I do I will post the recipes and pictures a la Awesome Lyn Lyn.

Finally, I had a nice dinner with my friend Kimberly tonight who expressed disappointment she has not been mentioned in the blog. She doesn't READ it. But anyways, here's a shout out for a fun dinner!!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Homemade granola bars are on my list. I have several recipes to try and look forward to yours!

    ReplyDelete