Subtitle

I was recently described as having "spunk and fight." These adjectives were used to describe both strength and weakness in my life. This blog is a story that is being written about how I have left physical and emotional baggage and I am heading forward, packing a little lighter, setting goals, reaching some, falling short at others, but always growing everyday. Won't you join me?

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sunday Funday!

Today I attended a Surprise Shower for my dear friend, Julie, who is having her fourth child--her first boy!!! Amy and I worked on our super-secret shower surprise Friday night. It is a rose basket with the roses made out of baby socks. This website show the steps and this is how it is supposed to look:

We had some slight variations, namely a) our socks were baby blue, b) we used a basket rather than a vase and c) floral tape is a horrible concoction developed in the depths of hell.

Here is our finished product:



It's not a very good picture, but it was 1 am before we finished and I was sleepy and didn't notice the photo quality until just now. In any event, we are very pleased and we think Julie liked it too. :) Congrats Ajay & Julie!!!

Later this evening, my church small group got together and cooked dinner for the teenagers in youth group. It was super fun to grill out in the parking lot. I was in charge of filling the large 3-gallon beverage holders with lemonade. And I rocked it. Like a champion. Here's the photo of us working hard (or hardly working...):



Now off to bed so I can gradual build with Stephanie tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment