Subtitle

I was recently described as having "spunk and fight." These adjectives were used to describe both strength and weakness in my life. This blog is a story that is being written about how I have left physical and emotional baggage and I am heading forward, packing a little lighter, setting goals, reaching some, falling short at others, but always growing everyday. Won't you join me?

Monday, June 20, 2011

Double the Workouts, Double the Fun!

Today was a TWO workout day!!!! This was for a couple reasons:

1) I am not working out Wednesday, so I thought I'd double it up today! and
2) Two different friend sets that I really enjoy chillin' chillin' with wanted to work out doing different things at different times.


First up was a bright (dark-ish) and early (too early) run with Amy and Amanda B.! It was raining at 5:30 am, so we ran inside the church gym. Oh, memories back to the Sole Sisters! As Amy pointed out, we replaced Kiley with Amanda! (As if Kiley could ever be replaced and as if Amanda could ever just be someone's replacement...) We went for about 30 minutes. The general flow was run 5 laps of the gym, run 1 stair loop then walk 2 laps of the gym and repeat! I didn't feel too tired at any point which is great! Liz had told me to intentionally run intervals rather than try to run the whole thing and get disappointed when my stamina isn't where it used to be. Good plan, Liz! I am pleased. :)

I then got ready and went to work and worked a 9 hour day until it was time for my workout date #2 at 5:30 pm with Stephanie! It's Monday and so it is Gradual Build Day!!!! Gradual build day sucks way less with Stephanie. I may make her join me *every* Monday!

After gradual build, we stretched on the stretchy seat thing. I had never used one before, but Stephanie taught me what was what. :)

Also! I love my homemade protein bars! I also shared one (with Amy) and it was *very* well received! I am bringing some into work tomorrow to make all of my coworkers enjoy them too!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment