Subtitle

I was recently described as having "spunk and fight." These adjectives were used to describe both strength and weakness in my life. This blog is a story that is being written about how I have left physical and emotional baggage and I am heading forward, packing a little lighter, setting goals, reaching some, falling short at others, but always growing everyday. Won't you join me?

Monday, June 13, 2011

Back to the Grind, er, Gradual Build

I do not have any fun jet-setting trips (until later this month) for a bit so I have no excuse not to work out and eat all healthy for a bit. I committed to Liz, via a specific plan, how I intended to do this between last Thursday and June 25th (Tom & Amanda's wedding!!!!). So...I had to get back into Gradual Build Mondays! As much as I looooooo-oooooooove Gradual Build!

Lucky for me, I was joined by my dear friends, Stephanie and Victoria!!! And Stephanie and I both noticed that the ridiculously high inclines suck just a touch less when you are chit-chatting with a friend. To be clear, the 5 minutes at the incline of 14.0% was virtually silent as we both needed to focus on breathing!!!!

The Stats:

Calories Burned: 420
Distance: 2.12 miles
Time: 44:14 (with added 4:14 cool down because the "cool down" 5 minutes at 9.0% incline just doesn't do it for me!)


Next workout is a Liz session tomorrow. I was given the goal of losing 2 pounds since last Thursday's weigh-in. I think I kicked its butt, but tomorrow I will know for sure. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment