Subtitle

I was recently described as having "spunk and fight." These adjectives were used to describe both strength and weakness in my life. This blog is a story that is being written about how I have left physical and emotional baggage and I am heading forward, packing a little lighter, setting goals, reaching some, falling short at others, but always growing everyday. Won't you join me?

Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Verdict. Drum Roll Please...

AWFUL!

Yes, friends! You were all correct. I could barely walk today. It was like a hobble...or a stagger...or a "pimp walk" (WARNING: if you watch too long the rap song has curse words, but the "thug" little boy teaching the interwebs how to pimp walk was too good not to post). Actually, it was more of the "pimp limp"--the second demo in the instructional video clip. :) In any case, OW! Also, my chest muscles hurt but only up where they hit my arm.

To be fair, I think I would've felt this way if I conquered the Step-Mill yesterday (and I did conquer it!) or not. This was inevitable. I should have just embraced it.

Today I put together a lifting plan. I made it somewhat easy because it's only lifting day 2 and I am in a world of DOMS pain. Having said that, it was challenging. Here it is:

Squat Press: 180 lbs, 15 reps; 270 lbs, 15 reps; 360 lbs, 15 reps
Seated Leg Curls: 70 lbs, 15 reps; 80 lbs, 15 reps; 90 lbs, 15 reps
Seated Row (the machine, not the cable): 40 lbs, 15 reps, 3 sets
Pec Decks: 40 lbs, 15 reps; 50 lbs, 15 reps; 60 lbs, 15 reps
Standing DB Shoulder Press: 15 lbs DBs, 15 reps, 3 sets (only 12 reps 3rd set)


I was going to do some reverse grip lat pulldowns but the TWO lat pulldowns were taken the WHOLE time I was lifting. One freed up after the shoulder work, but my arms were mush then so I skipped it.

No comments:

Post a Comment