Subtitle

I was recently described as having "spunk and fight." These adjectives were used to describe both strength and weakness in my life. This blog is a story that is being written about how I have left physical and emotional baggage and I am heading forward, packing a little lighter, setting goals, reaching some, falling short at others, but always growing everyday. Won't you join me?

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"Umm...No"

Today was a session with Liz. Since we did legs last week, I asked if we could do chest/arms this session and back/shoulders the next so I can see what they are like "Liz-style." She agreed. Here is what we did:

CHEST
DB Bench Press: 30 lb DBs, 15 reps; 35 lb DBs, 12 reps; 40 lb DBs, 8 reps
Incline DB Fly: 20 lb DBs, 15 reps; 25 lb DBs, 12 reps; 25 lb DBs, 12 reps
Bench Push-Ups: Umm...no

BICEPS
Machine Curl with Hold: 40 lbs, 15 reps; 55 lbs, 12 reps; 55 lbs, 12 reps
SA Concentration Curls: 15 lbs, 15 reps; 20 lbs, 15 reps; 20 lbs, 12 reps

TRICEPS
Overhead Cable Press: "3", 15 reps; "3", 12 reps
SA Reverse Grip Pressdown: "1", 15 reps; "1.25" 15 reps
**I have no idea what these numbers translate to in weight...**


So, the chest sets really spent my chest muscles and so when I went to do the push-ups, it was pitiful. I did one, then Liz stopped me and made me do one on the floor. Then wrote "Umm...no" on my workout sheet , laughed and showed me she wrote that. And we moved onto biceps. :)

Also, when I was doing triceps and she was demonstrating the Reverse Grip Pressdowns, I said: "Oh! It's like an anti-bicep-curl!" (You use the cable and set it up above your head, face it and reverse grip the handle and pull it down so your arm is extended straight down by your side. Only your forearm should move during the exercise.) And she gave me the Liz look--you know, the one where she is clearly judging me--and said: "Nooooo, it's like a reverse grip pressdown." And I said: "Noooo, it *is* a reverse grip pressdown. It's *like* an anti-bicep-curl." Liz just moved on to ignoring me and make me push my body to physical pain. :)

I also informed Liz today that if she wants to see good form, she needs to lower the weights. She chose compromised form in favor of heavier weights. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment