Subtitle

I was recently described as having "spunk and fight." These adjectives were used to describe both strength and weakness in my life. This blog is a story that is being written about how I have left physical and emotional baggage and I am heading forward, packing a little lighter, setting goals, reaching some, falling short at others, but always growing everyday. Won't you join me?

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Chest & Arms

Today was my first "Chest & Arms" day. Liz gave me the guidelines:

Chest: 2 press and 1 fly
Arms: 2-3 of each (biceps and triceps)


So, I put the following together:

CHEST
Superset:
Incline DB Press: 25 lb DBs, 15 reps, 3 sets
Push-Ups: BW, 12 reps, 3 sets

Flat DB Flyes: 15 lb DBs, 15 reps, 3 sets

ARMS
Seated DB Hammer Curls: 10 lb DBs, 15 reps, 3 sets

Lying Skullcrushers: 20 lb BB, 15 reps, 3 sets

Superset:
Cable Bar Bicep Curls: 17.5 lbs, 15 reps, 3 sets
Cable Bar Triceps Pushdowns: 17.5 lbs, 15 reps, 3 sets

Seated Machine Biceps Curls: 30 lbs, 15 reps, 3 sets

Seated Machine Triceps Press: 75 lbs, 15 reps, 3 sets


I am eager to see if Liz thinks this is fine or if it stinks. I don't really know how you mess up her basic instructions, but maybe there are tips to make it better. I kept the weights on the lighter side for a few reasons:

1) It's the first arms lifting I've done since my vaser lipo. I wanna ease the back in.
2) The push-ups really hurt my core. I am not sure if it is the DOMS from the core work with Liz on Tuesday or just pain from my tummy tuck surgery site being worked again, but my core HURTS! And the push-ups really aggravated it--so I toned back to only 12.
3) I am really out of lifting shape and some of the weights were challenging--like the 25 lb dumbbell chest press. It was harder than I wanted it to be!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment