Subtitle

I was recently described as having "spunk and fight." These adjectives were used to describe both strength and weakness in my life. This blog is a story that is being written about how I have left physical and emotional baggage and I am heading forward, packing a little lighter, setting goals, reaching some, falling short at others, but always growing everyday. Won't you join me?

Monday, May 9, 2011

Morning Run

This weekend I didn't really have a chance to workout between all of my traveling, so I went for a run this morning. I am normally anti-morning workout, but I have plans all night after work and did not want to go 3 days without having done cardio or lifted at all. I was disappointed that I walk/ran on Friday (although I recognize it takes time to build back up), so I set out to run as much of 30 minutes as I could--and I ran it all! It was slow, to be sure, but it was running! I went 2.34 miles in 30 minutes. So that makes 12:49 minutes/mile. A little slower than my 8:41 min/mi 5K PR last May, my 9:48 min/mi 10K PR last March and my 9:50 min/min half marathon PR, but I am still happy and feel I can get back there someday, or at least close to there! (You like how I threw all my PRs in for you to see again???) ;)

Also, I decided to fly home and surprise my mom for Mother's Day! It was really great to be home. Because I waited for cheap last minute flights, I ended up driving to Philadelphia and flying from there into Manchester. I immediately headed over to see the last inning of my niece's softball game and, perhaps more importantly, the post-game relay race. My niece's team won both events. :) We went to ice cream then popped by my other two nieces' place for cousin/auntie time then I headed off to surprise mom!!! She was very sick, but I think we still had fun! We watched movies and played games. Then I headed back home!

I am very happy with my diet this trip. I packed an apple and pear for Saturday and ate those between meals. I think my meals were well balanced and portion controlled--I even skipped getting any ice cream! On Sunday, I made similar good choices. And here's the big one, for those who know me and NH, I did not stop at ONE of the kajillion Dunkin Donuts! I actually went the wrong way to get on the highway from my mom's because I think EVERY time I've left her house I've gone to Dunkin Donuts before getting on the highway! It was habit. :) I think in the past I thought--well, I'd like to be home controlling all of my food choices, but I can't, so...I might as well get pasta, or a bulky bread-like sandwich with fries, or...fill in the blank with any food choice that you want at that time. I didn't do that this time and I hope it pays off in the weigh in!

No comments:

Post a Comment