Subtitle

I was recently described as having "spunk and fight." These adjectives were used to describe both strength and weakness in my life. This blog is a story that is being written about how I have left physical and emotional baggage and I am heading forward, packing a little lighter, setting goals, reaching some, falling short at others, but always growing everyday. Won't you join me?

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Oh-High-Oh!

This weekend I went to OHIO!!!! I went home with Holly to cheer her, a bunch of her family and Justin on in the Cleveland Half Marathon!

The Runners:



The Cheerers:


The runners did an amazing job and the cheerers were pretty awesome, too...if I do say so myself. And I do. :) Holly and Carol totally rocked it and Carol PR-ed!!! Justin ran his first half ever and came *very* close to my PR...but came up exactly two minutes short. ;) Holly's mom came in super fast and placed 8th in her age group!!! AWESOME! I ended up walking over 5 miles between 0630 and 1100. There was also a lot of clapping, yelling and the occasional ecstatic jumping bout--it's not my first time. ;)

Also, I have now officially met every member of Holly and her husband's immediate families. This fact pleases me greatly--I'm a big Holly fan. :)

But I am jumping ahead here!!! On Friday, I ran with Amy at 5:30 am because I knew I was leaving for Ohio midday and wouldn't have time to cardio. We ran/walked for about 25 minutes.

On Saturday, Holly's mom and dad got me into their gym (for free!!!) and so I did my first "Back & Shoulders" set. Here's what I put together...

LATS:
Lat Pulldowns: 60 lbs, 15 reps, 3 sets
Lying DB Pullovers: 15 lb DB, 15 reps, 2 sets; 20 lb DB, 15 reps
Close Grip Lat Pulldown: 60 lbs, 15 reps, 3 sets

RHOM/REAR DELTS:
Seated Cable Row: 60 lbs, 15 reps, 3 sets
Bent-Over DB Flyes: 15 lb DBs, 15 reps, 3 sets

DELT PRESSES:
Seated Arnold Press: 10 lb DBs, 15 reps, 3 sets
Standing Military Press: OB, 15 reps; 12 reps, 2 sets

ANTERIOR DELTS:
Cable Upright Row: 20 lbs, 15 reps, 3 sets
DB Front Raises: 5 lb DBs, 15 reps, 3 sets

MEDIAL DELTS:
DB Side Raises: 5 lb DBs, 15 reps, 3 sets

POSTERIOR DELTS:
Rear Delt Flyes: 40 lbs, 15 reps, 3 sets


I was given the following guidance:

Back: 2-3 lats, 1-2 middle
Shoulders: 1 press, then 1-2 for each head of the delt (anterior, lateral, posterior)


From that (and my Devon database), I put that workout together. I think I did well on my first Chest & Arms and Back & Shoulders workouts, but have yet to hear back from Liz... Probably will on Tuesday.

On a food note, Holly was in charge of helping me make good choices while away. I really think she was WONDERFUL and that I did very well. She took me grocery shopping to stock up on good foods, helped me pick the better choice at restaurants and acted as a sound board to approve/suggest alternatives for my food ideas as I had them. I hope my hard work shows in the weigh-in on Tuesday, but either way it is very important for me to have positive eating experiences like this while away from my daily routine. Thanks, Holly. You are awesome awesome. ;)

That's enough ramblin' for me.

2 comments:

  1. Great seeing you, too! And meeting your kids!!! They are *so* adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete