Subtitle

I was recently described as having "spunk and fight." These adjectives were used to describe both strength and weakness in my life. This blog is a story that is being written about how I have left physical and emotional baggage and I am heading forward, packing a little lighter, setting goals, reaching some, falling short at others, but always growing everyday. Won't you join me?

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sigh... Long Catch Up/Explanation Post

Blog readers, if there are any of you left, I have to apologize for the delay in posts. It's partially because I have been traveling and busy, but also because with the exception of Friday, there has been no exercise-related reason to post. Hmmm...let's go chronologically. Last post was Friday, May 2oth.

Saturday, May 21st: Amanda F.'s wedding shower! It was so wonderful! I brought cupcakes that HCL made (yes, my big, bad personal trainer has a bakery business on the side--I love this about her.) I ate a pistachio one. And a vanilla. :( Bad food day.

Sunday, May 22nd - Tuesday, May 24th: New York City!!!! Yes, my work business trips are *rough*, but someone has got to do it. I mean *someone* has to stay on Times Square and take in a show, right? In this case, two someones. Awesome Holly Holly and I had a blast! And learned a lot too. :) No exercising occurred (except all of our city girl walking) despite the fact I crammed all of my workout stuff into my bag. At the very least, carrying it the mile from Penn Station to our hotel was something. :)

Wednesday, May 25th: I gave myself the day off to catch back up to life. Ate unhealthily too. This shouldn't have happened. Lesson learned.

Thursday, May 26th: Back on track. Nothing to report. No workout, but healthy eating.

Friday, May 27th: Cardio and eating on track. I did 45 minutes on the elliptical varying the crossramp every 5 minutes. I went from 10 to 15 to 20 to 15 to 10 to 15 etc... Stats:

Calories: 502.5
Time: 45:00
Strides: 6355
Distance: 3.58 miles


Saturday, May 28th - Monday, May 30th: A whole lot of nothing. Little good food choices. No exercise. Monday, I actually woke up at 10:00am and watched Sex and the City reruns on E! from 10:30 am to 6:00 pm. I am not sure if I *needed* the rest or if my lack of healthy exercise/eating is making me more tired. My allergies have been bothering me. I think all of these things factor in.

Tuesday, May 31st: Healthy eating. Liz session. Back on Track Erin (BOTE) returns??? Perhaps. Liz was ready with questions: Why haven't I heard from you since May 18th? What happened? Do you know the only thing I have written down for your workout so far? Weigh in. I appreciate her attention to detail. I was very worried that she would yell at me or fire me as a client. She did neither (which I appreciate--I didn't need those things). She told me we were going to weigh in (I was up 4 pounds in two weeks...no big surprise there). Then she was going to kick my a$$ with a full body workout. And she did. In a good way. :) We have 6 more sessions booked so I think this is a good thing. My Aunt joined the gym so I earned a free session. This helps me have some closer together in the next few weeks without breaking the bank anymore. Thanks, Aunt Rachel!!!

Here's the workout today (each section was done consecutively without a break each set):

Power Squats: 140 lbs/20 reps, 230/20, 230/20
DB Sumo Squats: 30 lb DB/20 reps, 30/20, 30/20
Bench Jumps: Body Weight/10 jumps each side, BW/10, BW/10

Lat Pull Downs: 60 lbs/15 reps, 60/12, 50/15
Seated Row: 50 lbs/15 reps, 50/15, 50/15
Burpees: Body Weight/10 reps, BW/10, BW/10

SL Reverse Lunges: Body Weight/12 reps, 7.5 lb DBs/12
Push-Ups: Body Weight/12 reps, BW/12
DB Shoulder Press: 12.5 lb DBs/15 reps, 15/15


I will be sore tomorrow for sure. I am already sore. But in good way.

Also, I confided in Liz that I baked cookies on Saturday and ate them all between then and Monday night. She told me to take the Nestle chocolate chip cookie recipe and calculate a bunch of info off of it for the whole batch. Here is is:

Calories: 6600
Fat: 420g
Saturated Fat: 210g
Cholesterol: 900mg
Sodium: 5100mg
Carbs: 840g
Sugars: 600g


In my defense, that is for 60 cookies. My batch was about 30, so cut that in half..over 3 days...still AWFUL, but not *as* awful??? :D

One final thing. I am currently in a weird sort of funk. I am unmotivated, but not like when I have been unmotivated in the past. I am discouraged, but not down-hearted. I am really having a difficult time putting my finger on where I am. I am positive and still want to reach my goals of health and general fitness/strength, but cannot seem to connect the neurons to go to the gym (although I think I may be back there mentally now...). It like the happiest workout funk I've ever been in. Usually when I get here I am all mopey and over-dramatic. I am not sure if this is a good thing or not. Liz and I talked a lot this session (while I was taking much needed rests!) about this. When I talked to Devon about switching to Liz he thought it was a very good idea because she can relate to my struggles in ways he never could. I thought he was giving me a line, but today I really saw how wise that man is. Liz was speaking about her own struggles--some of which form this past Saturday!--and I could relate to them all. And they weren't lame, I ate two pieces of bread instead of one, struggles. They were real issues with cheating, motivation, body image, etc... I think the conversation was really beneficial. I also told her how I am discouraged that my fitness isn't where it was in April/May 2010 when I was 17.2% body fat, running long distances (fairly quickly), and benching 135 pounds. The worst part is that I KNOW hard work will get me back there but I am discouraged that I lost that (even if it was for a really good reason!). Liz could completely relate due to her competing in figure competitions. You get your body to an unhealthy level of fitness that is unsustainable. When you cannot sustain it, you are perfectly healthy but don't feel like you are. Anyways, I'm rambling. Long story long, I think this professional relationship will be good for me. :)

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to that last part - getting your body to an unsustainable level. I'm still struggling with that (even though the reason I didn't keep it is because I had a baby!). I need to be more diligent about going to the gym, but I'm not. Part of it is my skin around my stomach got so stretched out, it won't go back, so what's the point (in my mind)? Can't go today, but I will tomorrow! Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Barbara! <3 It's always great when you know you're not the only one in the world going through life experiences!!!

    ReplyDelete