Subtitle

I was recently described as having "spunk and fight." These adjectives were used to describe both strength and weakness in my life. This blog is a story that is being written about how I have left physical and emotional baggage and I am heading forward, packing a little lighter, setting goals, reaching some, falling short at others, but always growing everyday. Won't you join me?

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Brilliant or Awful: You Decide.

Hello New Blog World! I know this is the first post and you may be reading this having no idea where this is all coming from as I'm writing like you know me and all about me. If you'd like to catch up, check out my last blog, Anything You Can Lose, I Can Lose Better. It chronicled two years of my life where I lost 91 pounds, ran a bunch of races, got a tummy tuck and arm lipo, recovered and was an open book about the funny times, the hard times and the successful times.

Now to today. I went to the gym after work and, as expected, could barely walk all day due to the box squats yesterday. So, I had an idea. It could be brilliant, it could be awful--only time will tell. I thought, my legs hurt. They hurt when I sit. They hurt when I stand. They hurt when I walk. They hurt when I go upstairs. They hurt when I go downstairs. They just hurt. Muscle pain hurt--nothing like something is wrong. Right, so I am thinking, they hurt. It's DOMS at its finest. What's the best way to overcome DOMS??? Working that muscle. So I did the Step-Mill (for those who don't know, it's the treadmill of staircases). For 50 minutes. My thought process is that tomorrow it will be so confused at what to feel. My legs will think: It's been 2 days, we should hurt baaaaaaaad. But we worked yesterday!!!! We shouldn't hurt baaaaaaaaad until tomorrow. WHAT DO WE DO?!?! And not hurt at all. That's the plan, folks. We shall see.

Now for my stat for today:

Total Time: 50:00
Miles: 2.90
Calories Burned: 423.3
Total Floors Climbed: 139
Average Steps Per Minute: 44


I tried to ease into it. I decided I would go for between 30-50 minutes and I would start at level 3 and see how I felt. I pushed myself and am glad I did! I won't get back to where I was pre-surgery unless I push myself back there (in moderation, of course). I did the following breakdown:

10 min @ level 3
5 min @ level 4
5 min @ level 5
5 min @ level 4
5 min @ level 3
5 min @ level 4
5 min @ level 5
5 min @ level 4
5 min @ level 3


I am pleased with those breakdowns! After working out, I met Kimberly for dinner and made healthy food choices! And of course had great conversation!!!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks!

    Am I to assume you mean: "Pretty awesome blog" or "Pretty awesome idea to pummel my legs on the step-mill in hopes it won't hurt as bad tomorrow"????? Or both...? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely let us know if that plan worked. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new blog -- Love you more! <3 Mom

    ReplyDelete