Subtitle

I was recently described as having "spunk and fight." These adjectives were used to describe both strength and weakness in my life. This blog is a story that is being written about how I have left physical and emotional baggage and I am heading forward, packing a little lighter, setting goals, reaching some, falling short at others, but always growing everyday. Won't you join me?

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Legs and Elliptical

Today I lifted and did cardio because I will have no time to do anything gym-related tomorrow.

I started with legs (all 15-rep sets):

GLUTES
BB Deadlifts: 85 lbs, 95 lbs, 115 lbs
Cable Pull-Throughs: 35 lbs, 45 lbs, 55 lbs

HAMS
Standing Leg Curls: 20 lbs, 25 lbs, 30 lbs (each leg)
Seated Leg Curls: 75 lbs, 90 lbs, 105 lbs

QUADS
45° Leg Press: 180 lbs, 270 lbs, 360 lbs
Seated Leg Extensions: 60 lbs, 70 lbs, 80 lbs

CALVES
Seated Calf Raises: 25 lbs, 35 lbs, 45 lbs
45° Leg Press Calf Raises: 90 lbs, 180 lbs, 270 lbs


When I finished this, I hopped on the elliptical for 20 minutes. I started with a resistance of 5 and a crossramp of 10. After 3 minutes, I raised the crossramp to 15 and then after another 3 minutes, I raised it to 20. In another 3 minutes, I went back down to 15, but raised the resistance to 8. The lowered the resistance back to 10 and then back to 15 in 3 minute intervals. I added a two minute cool down at the end. The Stats:

Calories Burned: 228.3
Strides: 2790
Distance: 1.63 miles
Time: 20:00


While I was on the elliptical, match-my-sweat-band-to-my-outfit guy got on a nearby elliptical. (Note: he has stopped wearing the sweatband--maybe my mocking got back to him!?!!?) He walked around the front of the ellipticals and shot me a hello smile. Clearly he wants me. Clearly. Take a number, man formerly known as match-my-sweat-band-to-my-outfit guy. Take. A. Number. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment