Subtitle

I was recently described as having "spunk and fight." These adjectives were used to describe both strength and weakness in my life. This blog is a story that is being written about how I have left physical and emotional baggage and I am heading forward, packing a little lighter, setting goals, reaching some, falling short at others, but always growing everyday. Won't you join me?

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Thwarted By Pain But Lifted Still!

I had big plans to do full body today. I even was going to get a little crazy and start off with a leg/leg/plyo set like Liz has me do. I was going to lunge 15 steps each leg then squat 12-15 reps (both with the same DBs) and wrap-up with 10 burpees before resting. Look at this girl gettin' all crazy.

So, I grabbed 10 lb DBs--light, I know, but I wanted to do a warm-up--and went to begin my lunges. I slowly eased into my first, attempting to have near flawless form with my light, light weights. And OH! the pain. My right glute hurt very badly. Like an idiot, I decided that I could power through it and took a step with my other leg. The left glute felt the same, but I must have been a little cautious and didn't dip all the way down causing it to hurt less. I limped over to the training desk and confirmed with Liz that I should work only upper body today. I limped through my entire workout. After the lying dumbbell pull-overs, I re-hurt it while standing up. :( I limped to and from meeting Rufus (an adorable nearly 3 month old who crossed the pond to meet me!). I'm hoping it won't hurt in the morning...hoping...

I told Liz I thought it was from last Thursday when she destroyed my legs since I have not worked them since. She does not think so. It's just odd to me because it is the same pain on both sides... I did swim as well. It could be anything I guess. Just hope it goes away soon!!!

My upper body only routine:

Close Grip Lat Pulldowns: 50/15, 60/15, 70/10
SA Low Row: 30/15, 40/15, 50/15
Lying DB Pull-Overs: 25/15, 35/15, 35/15
Compound Row: 65/15, 75/15, 85/15
FM Chest Press: 35/15, 45/15, 50/12
Pec Decks: 50/15, 60/15, 70/15
Flat DB Press: 20/15, 25/15, 25/12
FM Shoulder Press: 25/15, 30/15, 35/15
Rear Delt Flyes: 40/15, 45/12, 45/10


All in all, it was a decent lifting day, but I am just not feeling 100% percent. I'm tired and achy. This is NOT cool during BIRTHDAY WEEK!!! Hope I feel better before the big day... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment