Subtitle

I was recently described as having "spunk and fight." These adjectives were used to describe both strength and weakness in my life. This blog is a story that is being written about how I have left physical and emotional baggage and I am heading forward, packing a little lighter, setting goals, reaching some, falling short at others, but always growing everyday. Won't you join me?

Saturday, July 9, 2011

BIRTHDAY MONTH/WEEK/DAY!!!

This post is entirely dedicated to my 30th birthday!!! As everything in life should be. :)

This may have been my most amazing birthday yet. I attribute this fact largely to two things: 1) I really have the best family and friends; and 2) I mentioned it to anyone and everyone I came in contact with for the past 3 to 4 months--I've found this technique to work incredibly well.

Birthday month started out early June when my mom threw me an awesome surprise party with family, high school and college friends up in New Hampshire! I had an amazing cake made by my very talented sister and lots of fun!



Then, this past week I have had an overwhelming amount of celebrations!

Monday: ice cream cake with aunts, uncles and cousins!
Wednesday: birthday dinner and shopping with Aunt Rachel!
Thursday: office party with cake AND a cookie cake, birthday lunch with the super-cool awesome Amanda's and Birthday Eve dinner with good friends!!!

Then...THE DAY ARRIVED!

I brought cupcakes into work for a meeting and for my lunch table creating two parties. I even received cards from people at both places--somehow they knew it was my birthday... ;)

Also, Awesome Holly Holly brought me a fun-ly decorated card and declared it to be another party. (She gets me...and I love her so much for it!)

My friend, Sean, was somewhat unexpectedly over here from England and so had to go buy nice clothes for my dinner. We went shopping together and got him a sharp and snazzy outift to match my super-awesome, slightly inappropriate birthday outfit. Check out our black and red hotness:



I made Sean stop at Target so I could pick something up. Like a gentleman, he dropped me off and picked me up at the door as it was raining. While waiting in the lobby area, I saw a Target employee asking co-workers for rides because she had been waiting for an hour! She mentioned something about walking if it wasn't raining. I offered to have Sean drive her home--she couldn't live THAT far away if she could walk. She was heading west and so were we! The ride to her place was only slightly awkward and she must have trusted we would not kill her since we looked so hot in our sharp black and red outfits! Even with our detour we were still on time for dinner! I secretly love that I have a fun little story on my 30th birthday about helping a stranger!!! (Let's be honest--it wasn't completely selfless... Life is a story! I want mine to be a good one!)

I had an amazingly delicious and fun birthday dinner at Bistro Blanc with some friends:



Then went over to my Aunt Rachel's new house to have about 40,000 of my closest friends over for a party! (Ok, less than that--but it sure felt that way for a lot of the night!):



As if ALL of that weren't enough, my Uncle Joe came down from Philadelphia, my sister TRIED to come but is in her third trimester of pregnancy and I'm glad she didn't and my mother bought a plane ticket, drove to the airport, checked in, went through security and then called me to let me know that due to torrential downpours in MD they wouldn't take off!!!! She gets a A+ for effort!

I don't know what I ever did to deserve the kind of love that was bestowed upon me this past month, but I am only grateful and thankful! I am so rich. So blessed. So loved. And I love you all so much!!!!

(raising an imaginary glass) Here's to the next thirty!

No comments:

Post a Comment