Subtitle

I was recently described as having "spunk and fight." These adjectives were used to describe both strength and weakness in my life. This blog is a story that is being written about how I have left physical and emotional baggage and I am heading forward, packing a little lighter, setting goals, reaching some, falling short at others, but always growing everyday. Won't you join me?

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Traveling is Exhausting!

I've been on a long business trip. It was good--got some great work done--but man! was it exhausting! I didn't have the time or energy to workout for most of it. Each day was a little over 8 hours of manning a booth in an exhibit hall which is mostly on my feet and mostly having to be happy and nice to passers-by and each night having dinner with co-workers. I only got to get on workout in and that was the day I bailed on dinner with the group to swim some laps.

It wasn't a super awesome workout, but I was alone in the hotel pool (which was super small!!!) so I worked on my freestyle stroke. I can now do it without eating water every lap!!! I also decided to attempt to teach myself the flip-turn (since no one was there to see me choke if I did!). I cannot do it. But I didn't choke or almost drown either. I just either fully turned or turned left every time. So I *could* have swam around the square pool "flip-turning" at each corner, but this method will NOT work in the pool at the gym. :) My friend, Pete, says that there are you-tube videos that teach you step-by-step. Perhaps I will attempt again at some point after viewing them.

Today I flew back and woke up super early with little to no sleep. I hadn't planned on working out, but around 6pm I had nothing to do and didn't want to sleep that early so I decided to head to the gym to soak in the hot tub. While changing I was inspired to swim. I just *love* the calmness of the water and being in it. After my last 9 days, I *needed* some time in the pool. It. Was. Great. I did breast stroke, elementary backstroke and even phased in some freestyle! I only went for about 15 minutes then soaked in the hot tub as originally planned. :)

I have been eating such crap lately while traveling. I hate it. I am SO excited to be eating healthy and home-cooked again. I have a batch of homemade protein bars freezing as I type. Yum. Tomorrow should be wonderful! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment