Subtitle

I was recently described as having "spunk and fight." These adjectives were used to describe both strength and weakness in my life. This blog is a story that is being written about how I have left physical and emotional baggage and I am heading forward, packing a little lighter, setting goals, reaching some, falling short at others, but always growing everyday. Won't you join me?

Monday, August 15, 2011

Everyone Needs a Workout Buddy

Man! I did *not* feel like working out today! But I had asked my bestest gym workout buddy friend, Stephanie (BGWBFS), to join me. BGWBFS (hmm...that is waaaay too long, how about Buddy Stephanie?). Buddy Stephanie is another dedicated gym kicker-butter who recently took hot to even hotter by prioritizing her diet and gym time. Like me, she is also in somewhat of an off-season in her kick-butt-ocity. Yesterday, I saw her and asked if she wanted to work out together today. It was selfish. I like her. I like chit-chatting with her. She agreed and it was a date!

All day today I didn't want to. She didn't either. But we both came to see each other. We both didn't want to work too hard, but we decided to do the gradual build workout because that's what we usually do. I am confident that if she was not there, I would have pansied out and done something shorter and easier. But I didn't. I did every stupid second of the stupid gradual build--with Buddy Stephanie beside me, chit-chatting and listening. :)

I even worked hard during the 10 minutes that Mr. Oh-My-Goodness-He-Reeks-So-Incredibly-Bad-of-B-O-Buddy-Stephanie-Had-to-Get-Off-the-Treadmill-and-Get-a-Towel-to-Breathe-Through was on the treadmill in front of me. It. Was. Awful. I get it. Workin' out makes ya sweat. Who doesn't? And no, we don't always smell *super* pleasant when we are through. But *THAT*?!?!? That is not normal. Or acceptable. If you cannot afford deodorant, I will buy it for you, sir. Simply ask. Or workout outside. Or in your basement. Or just be out of shape. For serious.

Despite the air quality issues, I'm glad Stephanie got me to the gym. We should do it more often. And everyone needs their own Buddy Stephanie.

2 comments: